Watch The Long Day's Dying (1968) Online

The Long Day's Dying (1968)The Long Day's Dying (1968)iMDB Rating: 7.3
Date Released : 28 May 1968
Genre : Drama, War
Stars : David Hemmings, Tony Beckley, Tom Bell, Alan Dobie
Movie Quality : BRrip
Format : MKV
Size : 700 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

The saga of three British soldiers and their German captive as they trek through the European countryside. Based on the novel by Alan White.

Watch The Long Day's Dying Trailer :

Review :

An ex-soldier who relates to his experiences and why.

I saw this film prior to joining the British Army. I went through my basic training, at first difficult and then as I progressed much easier. My time was spent during the height of the troubles in NI and the cold war. There was times when I questioned myself on what I had gotten myself into, not for long, as the training would always take over and you would always react instinctively. The voice over used to display what the soldiers are thinking is spot on, though I would have added breathing and heart rate as this seems to pound in your ear drums in given situations. Some years later I was in Canada for a family get together. An Aunty of mine who lives in the USA and is a lecturer at the Columbus Uni Ohio had done a paper on the effects of the British Army in NI. She spent some time out there researching. Although an ex pat she was very anti-British. She made a bee line for me and condemned me for being a British soldier. My only answer was see the film 'A long day's dying'. It's the closest a civilian will get to realise why a soldier does what he does. The answer is right at the end.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment