Watch Just for the Hell of It (1968) Online

Just for the Hell of It (1968)Just for the Hell of It (1968)iMDB Rating: 4.4
Date Released : 6 November 1968
Genre : Drama, Thriller
Stars : Ray Sager, Rodney Bedell, Agi Gyenes, Nancy Lee Noble
Movie Quality : BRrip
Format : MKV
Size : 870 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

A teenage gang led by the vicious Dexter; his girlfriend Mitzi; and friends Denny and Lummonx; create havoic in a small Florida town by harrassing various people, vandalizing property, well... just for the hell of it. When a former gang member, Doug, tries to prevent their ever increasing violent antics, Denny takes it upon himself and a few loyal members of the gang to target Doug's girlfriend, Jeanne, to make him back off.

Watch Just for the Hell of It Trailer :

Review :

Florida Bore: Mob Rules

Oh, jeepers!! And I thought these modern times we live in now were rough. All the murders, kidnappings, poverty, greed. Not to mention there's oil everywhere. Yet, there was a time that was even worse. No, not the dark ages. Miami, 1968. We should all be thankful that that nightmarish era is over. How awful it must have been. What could these innocent citizens have possibly done to deserve such hell? Those bloodthirsty delinquents make my stomach turn. Exactly how bad must one's childhood be for someone to grow up to being the kind of person that goes around squirting others with water hoses? And where do these nogoodnicks get off going around breaking stuff, and getting into fights... and carefully placing infants in trash cans. Well, I don't know about you, but I'm thankful that this hurtful, chaotic era in American history has since ended.

Yeah, so, Herschell Gordon Lewis's idea of riff raff was fairly PG, and might I add, extremely dull, as well. Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge fan of good 'ol H.G. But for cryin' out loud, that doesn't mean I gotta approve of everything the man has ever done, right? And believe me, I certainly do not approve of boring, even if boring was directed by the man. And what's the story with that opening theme? Kinda sounded like John Denver. Well, anyway, we begin with nearly ten minutes of pointless vandalism, courtesy of a gang, or, I guess, a group of people who go around terrorizing a Miami neighborhood, led by the one and the only, the wizard of gore himself, Ray Sager. And yeah, that's about it. Just scenes involving tame crimes, probably meant to offend the more uptight crowds. And I'm pretty sure there was no intentional humor, but who knows? Sound issues make it even more difficult to pay attention, so you ain't getting a detailed description from Tromafreak. Just non-stop, pointless hostility, which failed to entertain me for a single second. They can't all be legendary. If you're one of those peculiar gore-haters, and you want to give Herschell Gordon Lewis an honest chance, I'd recommend his Hixploitation epics, Moonshine Mountain and This Stuff'll Kill Ya. Ultimately, my advice would be to check out Two Thousand Maniacs, and just put up with the Gore. As for Just For The Hell Of It, I don't like this movie, and I never will, but I just don't have the heart to give Herschell's work only one star (although, I'd really like to). You're getting off light, Lewis. 4/10

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment