Watch I Love You, Alice B. Toklas! (1968) Online

I Love You, Alice B. Toklas! (1968)I Love You, Alice B. Toklas! (1968)iMDB Rating: 6.3
Date Released : 18 October 1968
Genre : Comedy, Romance
Stars : Peter Sellers, Jo Van Fleet, Leigh Taylor-Young, Joyce Van Patten. A thirty-something square falls in love with a hippie and decides to "drop out" himself." />
Movie Quality : HDrip
Format : MKV
Size : 870 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

Peter Sellers stars as Harold Fine, a self-described square--a 35-year-old Los Angeles Lawyer who is not looking forward to middle age and his upcoming wedding. His life changes, however, when he falls in love with Nancy, a free-spirited, innocent, and beautiful young hippie. After Harold and his family enjoy some of her "groovy" brownies, he decides to "drop out" with her and become a hippie too. But can he return to his old life when he discovers that the hippie lifestyle is just a little too independent and irresponsible for his tastes?

Watch I Love You, Alice B. Toklas! Trailer :

Review :

Kiss My Ahnk

I saw this in '68 when I was about in the same place Harold Fine was, in his social development. I was already married and had kids though. At the time of its release this seemed like an important movie. It was funny and satiric but it ended in a positive note for someone ready to drop out. If we'd only known where that was going to lead, but it was fun for a time.

I'm so glad I revisited this over 40 years later (yikes!!) Some of the film I remembered as if I saw it yesterday. Some scenes I had no recollection of. Peter Sellers is marvelous and the rest of the cast is fine. It is a time capsule of a film and really blends film styles. It has a definite TV flavor. Hy Averback mostly worked in TV so that's not a surprise. The film though, is authentic to the time and it was fun to watch for this old hippie.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment